Saturday, October 16, 2010

Quick Peek


Here's a quick update with a new technique I was trying out today. I started to model the forms of the face with non-diluted paint scumbled on with a brush with almost no paint on it. This allowed me to paint on very subtle shading with much more control than trying to model forms with a brush more fully loaded with paint. It also allowed me to easily soften edges wherever needed. This technique is in line with Leonardo's putting down extremely thin paint layers.

But, again, I'm not allowing the panel to dry between sessions, so there are areas that I smudged in doing this layer of work. I'll be letting the panel fully dry now before proceeding!

Oh! I also uploaded a pretty large image this time so the detail can be seen more easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment